- Restore your healthy gumline to its original shape
- Reduce your risk of tooth & bone loss
- Receive pain-free treatment with sedation
Healthy gums are part of a healthy smile. If you have experienced gum recession, however, it can affect your oral health. To repair periodontal tissue, we offer gum grafts in Bend, OR. This treatment can:
- Reduce your risk of further recession and potential bone loss
- Prevent tooth loss
- Reduce your oral sensitivity
- Improve the appearance of your smile
You can have a healthy smile again. Dr. Blake Drew and our team at Drew Family Dentistry can make that happen. Call 541-668-8070 to restore your gumline.
Understand The Causes Of Gum Recession
When your gums have separated from your teeth, this can put your entire smile at risk. It can allow harmful bacteria to form plaque on the roots of your teeth, which can lead to tooth infections and bone loss. A gum graft is an oral surgery procedure that can restore your gumline, so that soft tissue can once again protect your tooth roots.
Gum recession can develop for one or more of the following reasons:
- Periodontal Disease — Receding gums are a common symptom of the later stages of gum disease.
- Aggressive Tooth Brushing — While it’s important to brush your teeth (twice daily), brushing too hard can be harmful to your teeth and your gum tissue.
- Hormonal Changes — For females going through puberty, pregnancy, or menopause, the gums can become more prone to gum disease during these stages of life.
- Poor Oral Care — Simply put, there are consequences if you don’t care for your mouth.
Repair Your Gumline & Your Healthy Smile In Comfort
As part of our commitment to your oral health, we want your gums to be as healthy as they can be. To make this easier for you, we provide sedation dentistry. Whether you receive inhaled sedation (laughing gas), oral sedation, or a combination, we want you to remain worry-free and pain-free during your treatment.
At Drew Family Dentistry, you can get the benefits of gum grafts in Bend, OR. Call 541-668-8070 now to repair your smile.