- Tooth-colored fillings look completely natural
- Avoid mercury with non-metal composite fillings
- Receive regular cleanings to help prevent cavities
Cavities are one of the most common dental problems. Even with good oral hygiene and regular dental cleanings, it’s still possible for decay to eat into your tooth enamel. Fortunately, repairing cavities often involves no more than tooth fillings in Bend. Compared to other dental restorations, dental fillings are:Repair Teeth With Matching Materials Read Transcript
Repair Teeth With Matching Materials
We typically see a lot of patients in need of filling replacements, if they have older metal-mercury amalgam based fillings. And there is not necessarily a problem with an individual's health because of the material itself. It tends to be more a mechanical issue. And again, we really leverage our technology to demonstrate to patients with inter-oral photography and photography of those fillings, to show patients where those start to fracture, where they start to cause fractures and in the teeth that support them. And really, trying to be proactive with patients to show them if we can replace fillings with a more biological, capable material that's not going to create some of the stresses on teeth that amalgam or silver fillings tend to cause that we, a lot of times, can do dentistry for a patient that's going to be a lot less expensive and a lot less extensive in the longterm, just by being more proactive when we replace those fillings.
- Less Invasive — We’ll remove far less of your tooth structure for a filling than for a dental crown. We may recommend a crown, which covers your entire tooth, for larger cavities.
- Less Expensive — Dental fillings cost less than crowns. They are also far less expensive than a root canal, which will be needed to save a tooth if bacteria gets inside it through an untreated cavity and the pulp becomes infected.
If you think you might have a cavity, call us today at 541-668-8070.
Metal-Free Fillings Look Natural In Your Smile
We use tooth-colored composite fillings instead of amalgam fillings, which contain metal as well as mercury and other elements. Because we can match them to the color of the rest of your teeth, our metal-free fillings blend easily into your smile.
In addition to a natural appearance, they are:
- More Biocompatible Than Metal — Composite fillings pose fewer allergy risks than metal fillings. Plus, they don’t contain mercury. The FDA has said the use of mercury is safe in fillings, but some research links mercury to health problems. We think it’s easy to avoid the potential health impact by using composite fillings instead.
- Easier On Your Teeth Than Metal — We won’t need to remove as much healthy tooth structure to place a composite filling.
Help Prevent Cavities With Regular Dental Cleanings
The best way to deal with cavities is to prevent them from occurring in the first place. We recommend visiting our office every six months for dental cleanings. Our hygienists will remove plaque and bacteria from your teeth using instruments that make it simple to get into hidden spots that are easy to miss when brushing and flossing at home. We may also recommend additional general dental care like fluoride treatments or dental sealants to help prevent decay.
For tooth fillings in Bend, call 541-668-8070.