Sedation options in Bend make it possible for you to remain calm and relaxed throughout any treatment, whether it’s a dental cleaning or a dental implant procedure. With our dental sedation, you can:Create a Comfortable Experience Read Transcript
So I have specific specialized training and licensure to offer what we call minimalized oral conscious sedation, or minimal oral conscious sedation. So basically what we do is a combination of titrating an antianxiety medication at the beginning of a patient's appointments, and then in addition to that medication combining with nitrous oxide. So it does involve again, some specialized training and monitoring equipment in addition to having staff members that are also trained. So that really allows us to get patients that may just have a more significant level of dental anxiety that's going to allow them to accomplish the dentistry they need in a safer, healthier way for them. So we do have patients that really need that service and take advantage of it and are extremely happy with the outcomes of their, not only ability to tolerate the treatment, but to really have very little memory of the appointment as well.
- Complete multiple procedures in a single appointment
- Receive dental work you may have been putting off because of concerns about discomfort or not being numb enough
- Improve your oral health by taking a more positive attitude toward visiting the dentist
- Overcome a sensitive gag reflex or other physical issues that make it hard for you to receive dental care
Take the stress out of your dental appointments with sedation! Call us today at 541-668-8070.
Relax With Laughing Gas Or An Oral Sedative
While many dentists offer only a single type of sedation, we offer two choices because we know that every situation is different. Your need may vary depending on the length of your treatment, the type of procedure you’ll receive, and your past experiences with sedation.
We’ll work closely with you to determine whether you should receive inhaled sedation or oral sedation. Here are some factors to consider:
- Inhaled Sedation — You’ve also heard this called laughing gas. When you breathe it in through a small mask, you’ll almost immediately experience a carefree sensation. It wears off quickly and without any lingering effects, so you can drive yourself home. Even young children can receive laughing gas.
- Oral Sedation — We’ll prescribe a safe prescription pill for you to take before your procedure. It takes effect within 60 minutes and will leave you largely unaware of your surroundings. You’ll still be able to easily communicate with us, though. You’ll remain groggy for several hours, so you’ll need a ride home.
With a permit for oral conscious sedation, Dr. Drew can even administer both types of sedation simultaneously to ensure you experience an especially relaxed visit.
Gain Peace Of Mind In Our Clean & Comfortable Office
You’ll appreciate the relaxing features of our office you can see, like our abundant natural light and comfortable treatment chairs. Though you can’t see it, you’ll also benefit from our state-of-the-art sterilization system that ensures our equipment is handled at all times with the CDC’s protocols for safety and infection control.
To find out more about sedation options in Bend, call 541-668-8070.