Many people are embarrassed by their dental anxiety. So they never mention it, they just stay away from the dentist. This strategy may work in the short term, but over time it can result in full-on dental fear. Problems like cavities go undiscovered if you skip routine dental care like exams and cleanings. Left untreated, small problems can become bigger ones that will require more extensive treatment. Let us help you with relieving dental anxiety in Bend so you can get the care you need!A Gentle and Comfortable Experience Read Transcript
The first thing that I think we do extremely well as a practice is that we identify patients with dental anxiety. I think we create an environment where it's completely okay to be anxious and I think most mentally healthy people should be a little anxious at the dentist. I think the first thing that we offer to patients is understanding, that we appreciate that people come in with different levels of fear, and confidence, and excitement, and anxiety for coming to see us. I think the recognition and making it okay is the first and most important part for a patient to be able to talk about it and to feel okay about it and know that we're going to listen and that we're going to do what we can to help them, which makes the second part of the treatment or the options that we offer easier to discuss.
Some of those options are as simple as timing of day, when it's easier for a patient to come in, when they may have less stress, when it works better in their schedule to minimize some of the other anxieties up to the other end of the spectrum, which should be doing basically some chemical, we call antianxiety medications, that we'll use for patients that need some help to help relax in the chair. We always try our best to be as minimally invasive as we can and try and address those anxiety concerns that are at a root level and see what we can do to help patients. A lot of times, understanding and listening to a patient goes a long, long way to get them more comfortable with maybe some of the traumas they've had in the past, but to that end, we understand the benefits of pharmacology and utilizing a number of different antianxiety medications, as well as nitrous oxide to help patients get through appointments and make them a stress free and anxiety free as we can.
Our compassionate team puts you at ease with:
- Comprehensive dental care, so your needed procedures can be performed by a dentist you already know and trust
- Patient-friendly technology, like dental lasers that eliminate cutting and stitching from treatments that would otherwise require them
- A choice of two kinds of sedation, so you can enjoy the right level of relaxation during any procedure
- Completely private operatories for calm and quiet treatment
- Our welcoming office that looks more like a home than a medical facility and has special touches like a Keurig for making coffee, tea, and hot chocolate
To make an appointment for stress-free dental care, call 541-668-8070.
Relax With Comforts In Our Private Care Rooms
In addition to total privacy, our care rooms are outfitted with amenities to help you relax. Our dental chairs, manufactured by Oregon company A-dec, are consistently voted best-in-class for comfort. You can also enjoy:
- Large-screen TVs with wireless headphones for a welcome distraction while we work
- Warm blankets if you feel chilly
- Soft pillows
Soothe Your Nerves With Sedation
If you still feel anxious, despite our relaxed and welcoming atmosphere, you can receive one of our two kinds of dental sedation, neither of which involves a needle:
- Laughing Gas — This fast-acting inhaled sedation wears off fast too. Plus, since it leaves no lingering grogginess, you can drive yourself home.
- Oral Sedative — You can take a safe prescription pill for a more deeply relaxed sensation. Since the sedative effects last several hours, you’ll need transportation home.
Ready for help with relieving dental anxiety in Bend? Call us today at 541-668-8070.