At Drew Family Dentistry, we want to help you keep all of your teeth. Even so, there are times when a tooth extraction is the best option for maintaining your oral health in the long term. At our office in Bend, OR, tooth removal is used to:
- Prepare a patient for orthodontic care
- Create better conditions for dental implants
- Remove painful and problematic teeth
Taking out teeth can have real benefits. When it’s in your best interest, you can get this service at Drew Family Dentistry. We offer sedation to keep you comfortable throughout your procedure. Call 541-668-8070 to make an appointment with Dr. Blake Drew.
Understand The Benefits Of Extracting Teeth
Restorative dentistry is a big part of our practice. Oral surgery is, too, and removing teeth can be beneficial on its own or as part of a restorative plan for a particular treatment. We may recommend taking out teeth for one or more reasons:
- Severe Toothache — When a tooth becomes infected, we will treat it with a root canal whenever possible. When the damage is too severe, however, removing and replacing the tooth is the better option.
- Severe Damage — As with a toothache, a bad break or crack may leave a tooth unable to support a dental crown. Again, removing and replacing the tooth can be the best approach for long-term oral health.
- Crowding — Many people have crowded smiles. For some, removing teeth can make it easier to complete orthodontic care to create straighter and healthy smiles.
- Impacted Teeth — When teeth are so crowded that they can’t fully erupt, they are considered impacted. This is common with wisdom teeth, although any tooth can be impacted.
- Multiple Missing Teeth — For patients who are missing several teeth already, taking out the last few remaining teeth can make it easier to get more effective full-arch replacements with dental implants.
Choose A Healthier Smile
Your oral health is more important than any particular tooth or teeth. When teeth become a problem, extracting them can be the best solution for your situation. Dr. Drew has extensive training in this aspect of dental care. He can also offer dental sedation to keep you comfortable during your procedure.
To find out more or to schedule a tooth removal in Bend, OR, call Drew Family Dentistry at 541-668-8070 today.