Lost teeth can affect anyone. When you are missing teeth, you deserve more than just a complete smile. You deserve to restore the full function of your teeth as well. You can do that with dental implants. In Bend, OR, we use implants to:
- Secure dentures and other restorations
- Help patients speak naturally
- Prevent bone loss in the jaw
- Restore patients’ ability to eat what they want
At Drew Family Dentistry, implants do more than rebuild smiles. They can improve your quality of life, too. Call 541-668-8070 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Blake Drew, and discover how implants can help you feel like you have your real teeth once again.
Choose The Right Implant Option For Your Needs
With implants to secure your replacement teeth, you can trust that they will stay in place when you speak. You also can feel good about putting anything you would like on your plate whether you are dining out, getting together with family and friends, or dining at home. By choosing to come to our office, you have a choice of implant options:
- Implant-Supported Crowns — For patients missing a single tooth, a crown and implant combination creates a complete tooth replacement.
- Implant-Supported Bridges — To replace multiple teeth, implants make fixed bridges stronger and more stable.
- Implant-Retained Dentures — These dentures are removable but remain firmly in place when they are snapped onto your implants. The number of implants needed may vary.
- Implant-Supported Dentures — These fixed dentures are screwed into your implants to keep them from moving.
- All-on-4® — This advanced technique involves placing fewer implants to provide maximum support. It also can spare patients from needing a bone graft.
- Mini Dental Implants — These are smaller than standard implants, but they can be used when a patient may not have enough bone to support a full-sized implant.
- Same-Day Smile — With many implant placements, you may need to wait months before you receive your crown, bridge, or dentures. This technique allows you to get your implant(s) and restoration on the same day.
Dr. Drew has devoted many hours to learning about implants, so he can provide the best service for each patient. He is a member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry.
Revive Your Bite With A Dental Implant Procedure
Millions of Americans are living with traditional dentures and the frustrations that come with those teeth replacements. Modern dentures can look natural, but they still don’t restore the full function of your lost teeth. In fact, denture wearers only get back about 20 to 25 percent of their biting power.
That makes it hard to bite into a crisp apple or a piece of corn on the cob. It also makes it difficult to chew things like steak or chicken. That can make any meal a challenge. Even with a denture adhesive (which may affect the flavor of food), you might not be able to eat what you really want. Implants can change that.
Implants replace the roots of missing teeth. They create a direct connection from your dentures, bridges, or crowns to your jawbone. That allows you to generate more power when you bite and chew, which is why you can eat anything you want once again. This also provides stimulation to your jawbone, which can prevent the kind of bone loss that is common among people who have traditional dentures.