Many of our smile makeovers involve completely changing the appearance of teeth with restorations like dental veneers. In some cases, though, a much smaller change can make a big difference in how your smile looks! With teeth contouring in Bend, we can remove a tiny amount of enamel to modify the length and/or shape of your teeth.
A contouring procedure is:
- Affordable — It costs less than veneers or dental crowns.
- Simple — This treatment, which involves removing a tiny bit of enamel from teeth with a laser, is a quicker and easier way to improve your smile than other cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- Fast — It can be completed in a single appointment.
- Pain-Free — Since there are no nerves in tooth enamel, the process involves no discomfort.
- Natural Looking — Since you’re simply removing a bit of enamel rather than adding restorations, the procedure won’t dramatically alter your smile. It will, however, correct the appearance of uneven teeth, worn teeth, or teeth with small chips.
To see if a teeth contouring procedure is right for you, call 541-668-8070 today.
Make Short Teeth Appear Longer With Crown Lengthening
With contouring, we can remove enamel from teeth that are too long. If you have teeth that are too short, we can change your smile’s appearance with a treatment called crown lengthening. Dr. Drew will simply use a laser to remove a tiny amount of gum tissue and reveal more of your teeth’s enamel. We sometimes recommend a crown lengthening procedure to make it easier to apply a restoration like a veneer or crown to a tooth.
Consider Other Cosmetic Options For Stained Teeth
A contouring procedure can’t address some smile flaws such as stained teeth. If your teeth are dull or discolored, you may want to consider:
- Dental Veneers — Dr. Drew can carefully apply thin shells of tooth-colored porcelain to the front of teeth to hide discoloration and many other imperfections.
- Teeth Whitening — We offer options of whitening treatments in our office or take-home treatments. Both contain higher concentrations of whitening ingredients than drugstore products, so they offer brighter results.
For teeth contouring in Bend, call Drew Family Dentistry at 541-668-8070.